Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[WIP] Crystal War

2 posters

Go down

[WIP] Crystal War Empty [WIP] Crystal War

Post  Nighthawk0973 Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Crystal War is a Fantasy Real Time Strategy Game.

Just like other RTS games you gather resources with your workers, and than use those to build structures, and these structures are used to create different units like Warriors, and these Warriors can than go and fight the bad guys, causing you to win.

Story:
As this is a RTS game, there isn't much of a story. There's a war between two races and you battle it out completing different objectives along the way. The reason this is called 'Crystal Wars' is because it takes place in the world called 'Alderania' the fantasy realm I use for all my fantasy games. In Alderania there's two kingdoms in Alderania, one is the Crystal Kingdom, which has a blue crystal and the other is... well... I haven't thought of a name for this one yet but it has a red Crystal. The two kingdoms MOSTLY live in peace but in almost every game the Red kingdom turns evil Very Happy. If your interested in a more in deft story of Alderania and it's tales don't worry, my RPG series (Alderanias main purpose, though it was originally created for my so far canceled project Alderania Online, a MMORPG) has lots of compelling stories in each game, and while they might not have the same bad guys and good guys, they all take place in the same timeline.

Planned Features:
-Single Player Mission Based Campaign Mode
-Options Menu that supports changing the camera movement speed, and how you move the camera (WSAD, Arrow Keys, or by the Mouse hitting the edge of the screen)
-HUD at the bottom with Mission objectives and Mini-Maps (etc.)
-Multiplayer Mode with a lobby system, player profiles and avatars, player rankings and ranked matches
-3-5 Multiplayer Maps and a Map Creation System
-Regular RTS Features Like Different Units and whatnot
-Fullscreen
-Any other brilliant ideas should be posted as a reply or via PM. Preferably reply though

Completed Features
-None Yet

That's about all I have to say for now! Once I get into the game dev more I'll let you guys know!
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Crystal War Empty Re: [WIP] Crystal War

Post  David B Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:Crystal War is a Fantasy Real Time Strategy Game.
Yay!
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:30 pm

yup. Inspired by Warcraft II and Starcraft II, plus I'm thinking of changing it to a sci-fi theme because I make fantasy themed games so much... and it lets me expand my creativity even more with new races and whatnot. And I'm better at making Sci-Fi graphics too!
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 pm

NICE!!!!!
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down