Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blitz3D For Free

2 posters

:: Blitz :: File Sharing

Go down

Blitz3D For Free Empty Blitz3D For Free

Post  Nighthawk0973 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:47 pm

You know, I find it kind of sad that after about a day, David B was still unable to locate a free compiler for Blitz3D. Because guess what people!? I found one in under a minute. Seriously all I did is googled 'Blitz3
D Full Version Free' and BINGO! I had the software.

Don't believe me? http://www.mediafire.com/?ukmvac228cfp317 than visit that link.

I even opened up some of my files and converted them into an executable! (one of the blitz restrictions) the .exe runs perfectly! The only problem is, I think you might have to create a custom icon in the code, because I wasn't given the option to change the icon. But who cares? You can still easily create games without paying a penny.

If you want to try and run a game with this version of Blitz3D than copy and paste this code into the editor and run it.

Code:

Graphics(800, 600, 16, 2)
AppTitle("Spaceship Game")

Global ship$ = "<-*->"
Global x = 25
Global y = 25

.gameloop
RepeatedStuff()
Goto gameloop

Function RepeatedStuff()
  SetBuffer BackBuffer()
  Text(x, y, ship)
  Flip
  If KeyDown(200)
      y = y - 3
  EndIf
  If KeyDown(208)
      y = y + 3
  EndIf
  If KeyDown(203)
      x = x - 3
  EndIf
  If KeyDown(205)
      x = x + 3
  EndIf
  Cls
  If KeyDown(1)
      End
  EndIf
End Function

If you've ever programmed before you should get the general idea of how this works. We use a 'string' variable. Or 'text' that is equal to '<-*->' and in Blitz font this looks kinda like a spaceship. Than we use the arrowkeys to move, constantly refereshing the screen like all programs work. Anyways have fun with it, if there's something wrong with the code please tell me because I didn't actually test it, just programmed it off of the top of my head. Use ESC or the X to exit.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Blitz3D For Free Empty Re: Blitz3D For Free

Post  David B Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Wow! Thanks! Just in case something happens to your link, I am hosting it on Google Docs. Click here to download it.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down