Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11

Go down

Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 Empty Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11

Post  David B Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:10 am

Hello PLCF!

Since I do not have school today (YAY!), I am going to spend today working on the PLCF, and adding some great features!

Today, I started out by changing the icons that tell the status of each forum. This information is kind of hard to put into a paragraph, so I am just going to sum it up in a table.

Meaning Of Image
Old Image
New Image
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 I_folder_new_big
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 New1310
No New Posts
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 I_folder_big
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 No_new10
Forum Is Locked (post prohibited)
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 I_folder_locked_big
Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 Locked10

Spoiler:

Another change is the new image on the text resize button that was added as a new feature yesterday. Originally, the image was Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 Style, but I have replaced it with Programming Language Community Forums Update 10/10/11 Fontsi10. The new image more accurately describes the new text resize button. The original image appeared as if it were used to change the style of the text, and not the size, and that is actually the reason that I changed it.

And now for a simple, very small and minor change to the PLCF. As you most likely know, the PLCF has to similie categories. The "PLangForumsSmile" category has cotains all of the PLCF smilies, and the "AliceForumsSmile" categories contains smilies from the Alice Community Forums (www.alice.org/community). The change? Since we have decided that the abbreviation for the Programming Language Community Forums will be, "PLCF", we have changed the "PLangForumsSmile" category name to, "PLCFSmile." This was done because the original name sounded a bit wierd, whereas the new one doesn't sound so wierd.

Piggybacking off of the previous change, I have added some new smilies, all of which fall under a new category that I have created titled, "Misc. Smilies." Check them out, and start using them in your posts today!
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down