Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk About MMOs

Go down

Talk About MMOs Empty Talk About MMOs

Post  Nighthawk0973 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

MMORPG. For those who don't know, that stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Here some facts about MMORPGs.

-People can make more money off of MMOs then other games.
-People invest more money in MMOs.
-People invest more time in MMOs.
-MMORPGs are the most common genre of free Non-Indie free games.
-MMORPGs are capable of lasting longer because of the constant updates to the persistent world.
-MMORPGs have two different gameplay modes: Player vs Environment (questing, npc conversation, dungeon raids, etc.) and Player vs Player.
-People have died because of MMO addiction. (*cough* World of Warcraft)
-MMORPGs fail more often then other games.
-MMORPGs get cancelled more often then other games.
-MMORPGs copy off of each other ALL THE TIME (Because MMOs copied wow, and then each other, resulting in different variations of WoW)

So what MMORPGs do I play?

Runescape
-I don't play this anymore but it's worth mentioning. It's a Java Browser MMORPG publish by Jagex. Worlds 2nd most popular MMO. (Just behind WoW)

Spiral Knights
-Repetitive Dungeon Crawl-Based Java MMORPG. Don't play it unless you like diablo-style stuff. (I've never played the actual diablo though)

Runes of Magic
-WoW Clone. Super fun. Downside? SUPER long install. Right now it's 7:49. I started the download at 12:00ish. Progress? 1675.9MB out of 4813.9MB. Total is 3.5 GB. This is the 'slim' client. That means the textures and sound effects are lower resolution. I have a Intel Dual Core Processor as well Very Happy (Maybe it's Hotel Internet Connection lol. It's not I've installed this in other places.)

Star Wars The Old Republic
-Pay 2 Play. Like 15$ a month. It's really fun. Well the gameplay isn't fun. But I play it for the epic storyline. Having your own character in the star wars universe. Whether he is a Sith Lord who kills anybody in cinematic he possibly can, or a smuggler who seems to only be alive because of luck. You always feel like you are your character. And the fact that each class/gender combination has a different voice, and all the quests/cut-scenes are fully voiced (unless there is a special exception like quest given via mail, or through another machine) doesn't hurt either. It's a very big feat for a MMORPG.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Talk About MMOs Empty Re: Talk About MMOs

Post  Nighthawk0973 Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

Update on RoM download. Left laptop on at 10:00 and went to bed. Morning comes (8:13) and guess what? Still not done with the download (I need a better internet connection) 3821.8MB/4813.9MB

WHY! This is the 'Slim' Version! It's only supposed to have 3.5 GB! I will never install the full version. Ever. Even if I can run it, have a good processor, and a good internet connection. I just won't do it.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum