Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

html basic tutorial

2 posters

Go down

html basic tutorial Empty html basic tutorial

Post  Megatop Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 am

hi im megatop and I wanna teach you some basics of html. of any website. hmtl is the basic coding language for the www aka the world wide web. first you open open up notepad which we will use to write our code. save a blank notepad file as index.html and make sure to have it under all not a text document. than open it up as a regular file than in notepad. after we have them both open we want to declare it a html script to we have to put

<html>

than we need </html > to end the process uit should look likek this

<html>

</html>

now we need a header tag which is <head> and to end it </head> which is the brains of the site such as the title

and we need a body tag which is <body> and to end it </body> the body tag is to show content of your website such as a table (a box) or to upload a video which we will get into later. you code should look like this.

<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

after we have the basics we can start adding detail. now lets add a title for our website and in the tab bar it should come up as our title of what we want to call our website. so between the header tags we want to put <title> and <title> than inbetween them put what you want your site to be called for this example ill show <title>www.nighthawkisepic.com</title> after that we have a title and we can add some content. <b> is bold <i> is italic <p> is for paragraph <ul> is for unorganized list like 2 dots with your writeing and <ol> is for organized list such as listen like 1 2 3 4 5 to organize your wrtieing. than of to end them we put the exact same tag but with a / in front of it. now for the body lets change the color of our text. and change our font. lets make a paragraph with some medium ssized writng. <p><h3>HI WELCOME TO MY SITE</p></h3>

the <h3> is medium zised biggest starts at h1 and smallest to <h6> and put the slash to end the process. after that we can place it in the center by poutting center tags <center><p><h3>HI WELCOME TO MY SITE</p></h3></center> yay now we have some writing. to add a video to your cite we have to go to yyoutube and embend the video by clicking share emdend and copy the code and add it to our our html script in the body tags. to change the color we can <body text=ff0000> to change our color to white for our text.now we should have a good looking site by now. to add an image put img src(path/photo) and add the folder than photo in there.img scr is for image scource. to change our background color we can <body text=ff0000 background=00ffff> to add a background color or an image bu useing usewung (path/photo). to add a table aka boxes we can make a <table> </table> and add what ever you want in between them I hoped this heped goodbye

Megatop

Back to top Go down

html basic tutorial Empty Re: html basic tutorial

Post  David B Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Nice tutorial! Thanks! This will be great as soon as I start working on my web development languages. (Both programming and scripting languages.)
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Megatop Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:27 pm

thanks david sorry its been a while since a post. I learned some cool new features.check out my website mybigblog.myvnc.com

also do have a code for the fourm. all I got is a comment box :/ lol

Megatop

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Megatop wrote:thanks david sorry its been a while since a post. I learned some cool new features.check out my website mybigblog.myvnc.com

also do have a code for the fourm. all I got is a comment box :/ lol
:-( The website address does not work.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Megatop Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 pm

sorry my fault. I was hosting the website myself and its only on when my computer is on. Sorry bout that david im getting a hosting provider. it should be up shortly. have a good one guys Very Happy

Megatop

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Megatop wrote:sorry my fault. I was hosting the website myself and its only on when my computer is on. Sorry bout that david im getting a hosting provider. it should be up shortly. have a good one guys Very Happy
Wow! That is cool! You have GOT to explain to me how to do that! That is awesome!

P.S.: Did you use this website? → http://www.no-ip.com/
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Megatop Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:22 pm

yes I did. btw did you make this website? no-ip is good but when just 2 people were on my website my internet basicly crashed and if you dont update them for a while they will shut down your account just like mine :/ so im getting a host.

Megatop

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Megatop wrote:yes I did. btw did you make this website? no-ip is good but when just 2 people were on my website my internet basicly crashed and if you dont update them for a while they will shut down your account just like mine :/ so im getting a host.
I've been looking for a way to get a small Minecraft Server working. This could be the answer.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Megatop Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I have a mc.tutorial. heres how to make one. First download the software from the minecraft site. than put them in a folder. After they are in the folder you will have to do some port fowarding. After that mak ethe server.properties. After that click your mincraft server icon to start your regions and whitelist. than it works but you have to keep it on.

Megatop

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Megatop wrote:I have a mc.tutorial. heres how to make one. First download the software from the minecraft site. than put them in a folder. After they are in the folder you will have to do some port fowarding. After that mak ethe server.properties. After that click your mincraft server icon to start your regions and whitelist. than it works but you have to keep it on.
I know how to make the server itself, but I want to know how I can use No-IP to create a server. If you follow the directions that you gave me, you will only be able to get the server to work on your own internet connection, and anyone outside of your connection will not have access to the server. I was hoping that I could use No-IP to somehow "push" the server through to the public.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Megatop Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:33 pm

oh ok so its on 24/7 no ip is just to have your server running when your computer is on. For my website I have a n ew domain thats on 24/7 what I did was CREAte an account with awardspace than make an ftp account on ftp manager and they will send you an email for your ftp username and pass. after that download filezilla and use the data that awardspace sent you. than it should connect to the server after adding a website. than transfer your minecraft files to the right and you should have a public server but idk if it works this is mainly dfor website making.

Megatop

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Megatop wrote:oh ok so its on 24/7 no ip is just to have your server running when your computer is on. For my website I have a n ew domain thats on 24/7 what I did was CREAte an account with awardspace than make an ftp account on ftp manager and they will send you an email for your ftp username and pass. after that download filezilla and use the data that awardspace sent you. than it should connect to the server after adding a website. than transfer your minecraft files to the right and you should have a public server but idk if it works this is mainly dfor website making.
I am not sure either. I will just have to try it. According to the No-IP website, you can use it to make a game server, but they do not specify what games you can make servers for, and Minecraft is far more complicated when it comes to making game servers then other games like, "Call of Duty" are.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down