Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11

Go down

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Empty Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11

Post  David B Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 am

Hello Programming Language Community Forums Users!

I am back! I know that the last update to the forum was made yesterday at 1:00 AM, and I promised that I would be back around this time, but that never materialized. Today doesn't bring many changes, but the changes are definetely huge. To start off, I have finally figured out how to activate the "Colorize Usernames" feature. This feature enables us to make the usernames of users that are in different groups different colors. Users that are not in a specific group will still have orange usernames. Administrators will have red usernames.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 David_12

Users who are a part of the Forum Security (You'll learn more about Forum Security in the next paragraph,

as it is another new feature that has been added today.) will have yellow usernames, and moderators will have green usernames. If you are in more than one group, then your username will be the color of the dominant group. For example, I am a member of all three groups (Administraors, Forum Security, & Moderators). In the preceeding parenthesis, I have listed all three groups in order from most dominant to least dominant. Since I am a member of all of these groups, the group that I am in that is the most dominant will display its color.

Okay, you have heard so much about Forum Security already, and you don't even know what it is! Forum Security is a new group that I have made. This new group will be able to modify other users' warning status, and and be able to ban users. They won't be able to do anything else except these two things. I am still not making anyone a part of this group because, in addition to changing other users' warning status, you can also change your own, which I don't want to be possible, so I am going to keep researching it, while in the meantime, I continue the work of this forum.

I am continuing to fix up the forum’s navigation bar, and this minor change is no exception. Today’s change was the “Edit Profile” button, which originally appeared as Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 I_icon_mini_profile, but after a little bit of work on it, the profile button has a new look. The new Profile button is Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Profil10. In addition to the new Profile button, I have also replaced the Group button.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 I_icon_mini_groups
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Groups10
In addition to changing some of the buttons, I have also added a some button. Below is a table that shows which buttons are which.

Button
Button Description
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Visito10Visitor Globe
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 News_b10Forum News
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Youtub10YouTube Channel

The menu changes don't stop there! I have changed the Chat button back to what I had wanted it to be originally. The button I was going to use was Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Chat_i10, but I ended up using Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Chat_l10 instead.

I've also changed the Log Out button from Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 I_icon_mini_logout to Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Logout10. Initially, this may not seem like that big of a change, but it improves the formatting and coloring of the button to match the rest of the navigation bar.

If you are logged in, the navigation bar should look like the below image. If it doesn't let me know.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Finalm10

Since I have successfully finished replacing all of the buttons that you see when you are logged in, I also decided to start with the two buttons that you see only when you aren't logged in, the Sign Up & Log In Buttons. I started by replacing Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 I_icon_mini_register with Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Regist10. After that, I moved on by replacing Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 I_icon_mini_login with Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Login_10. Just as with the log out button, these two buttons were redone to improve formatting & coloring.

The navigation bar should look like the one in the below image if you are not logged in. If it does not, please tell me.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 Final_10

I have also re-aligned the navigation bar to be in the center of the page. This concludes all work with the navigation bar. At last, it is finished! Very Happy Smile Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 1780324424 Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 184121345 Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/18/11 42599183
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down