Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973

2 posters

:: Blitz :: Help!

Go down

Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973 Empty Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973

Post  David B Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Programming Language Community Forums user Nighthawk0973 recently created a thread about a programming language called "Blitz." He also informed me via Private Messaging that he made some tutorials for Blitz, but needed a place to post them, so I told him that I will post them on the Programming Language Community Forums YouTube page. As I upload the tutorials, I will post them in this thread. So far, I have only uploaded, "Blitz Game Programming Tutorial - 1 - Installing Blitz."

David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973 Empty Re: Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973

Post  Nighthawk0973 Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 am

Wow thanks man these work really good. Gonna embbed this in my blog...
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973 Empty Re: Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973

Post  David B Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:Wow thanks man these work really good. Gonna embbed this in my blog...
I'll put the rest on later.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973 Empty Blitz Game Programming Tutorial - 2 - Hello World Uploaded

Post  David B Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Blitz Game Programming Tutorial - 2 - Hello World

David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Thread moved from Programming Language Community Forums Help forum to Blitz Help forum.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Blitz Game Programming Tutorial - 3 -Variables

Blitz Game Programming Tutorial - 4 - Math and Variables

Blitz Programming Tutorial - 5 - For Loops

David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 am

make sure to watch on youtube in the highest quality setting possible and watch in fullscreen in order to see the code!
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:make sure to watch on youtube in the highest quality setting possible and watch in fullscreen in order to see the code!
You can't watch YouTube in full screen directly on the forum, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Sorry. Just click on the video, and you'll be redirected to YouTube.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:27 am

not only that, but in youtube chances are if you name the tutorials something locigal like tutorial - 1 - subject of tutorial and so on, youtube will pick up that they are in a series and have them at the top suggestion. That's why I make links to the tutorials, not embeds.

Please note something: embedding the video into the forum might be what you would do, but I know perfectly well how to use HTML/BBCode to embed a video/youtube video into a webpage/forum post. I add links for the reason above, and because it let's people go fullscreen, change their quality setting, leave comments, like/dislike the video, and of course, subscribe. It's a bad practice as an administrator to edit peoples posts unless nessecary because people can find that annoying and I kindof do because that ruins the purpose that youtube links vs embedded videos serve.

Hopefully you have learned a lesson as an administrator now Smile
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:not only that, but in youtube chances are if you name the tutorials something locigal like tutorial - 1 - subject of tutorial and so on, youtube will pick up that they are in a series and have them at the top suggestion. That's why I make links to the tutorials, not embeds.

Please note something: embedding the video into the forum might be what you would do, but I know perfectly well how to use HTML/BBCode to embed a video/youtube video into a webpage/forum post. I add links for the reason above, and because it let's people go fullscreen, change their quality setting, leave comments, like/dislike the video, and of course, subscribe. It's a bad practice as an administrator to edit peoples posts unless nessecary because people can find that annoying and I kindof do because that ruins the purpose that youtube links vs embedded videos serve.

Hopefully you have learned a lesson as an administrator now Smile
I edited your link simply because I wanted to share the fact that it was a capability. Besides, I don't edit posts just because I feel like it. drunken No
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

Yes but a more logical thing to do would be to make a post with the video in the post, by you. That way there would still be the link so you wouldn't have edited the users post, but you would've still shown that you can post the video in the forum directly.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:Yes but a more logical thing to do would be to make a post with the video in the post, by you. That way there would still be the link so you wouldn't have edited the users post, but you would've still shown that you can post the video in the forum directly.
It took me about five times to finally figure out what you just said.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:37 pm

XD
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:XD
Blitz Programming Tutorials By Nighthawk0973 1780324424
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 pm

^bump^ + update:

I will be remaking my blitz series, high quailty videos. Some of my best performances yet. Possibly 1080p if that's even possible with the software I use. Expect to be using Blitz3D to create your very own 2D games soon!
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:^bump^ + update:

I will be remaking my blitz series, high quailty videos. Some of my best performances yet. Possibly 1080p if that's even possible with the software I use. Expect to be using Blitz3D to create your very own 2D games soon!
Cool! I can't wait!
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 pm

yup Smile

Trust me you'll be making games before you do 15 tutorials. I'm guessing around that point. And they will have to follow youtube length too.

And by games I mean you'll be eventually working up to making professional quality full screen games with custom cursors, GUIs, Music, Keyboard configurations, graphics, storyline, and much much more! Plus if you ask in the comments or reply to the posts I make you'll be able to request tutorials. Once I've done a "Blitz Game Programming" series I'll do a "Blitz MMORPG Development" series. Where you make your own MMORPGs (thats right, server and client MMOs like World of Warcraft and Runescape are possible in blitz. Though I wont be venturing into the 3d dimension for reasons, mainly lack of resources Very Happy)
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:17 am

Nighthawk0973 wrote:yup Smile

Trust me you'll be making games before you do 15 tutorials. I'm guessing around that point. And they will have to follow youtube length too.

And by games I mean you'll be eventually working up to making professional quality full screen games with custom cursors, GUIs, Music, Keyboard configurations, graphics, storyline, and much much more! Plus if you ask in the comments or reply to the posts I make you'll be able to request tutorials. Once I've done a "Blitz Game Programming" series I'll do a "Blitz MMORPG Development" series. Where you make your own MMORPGs (thats right, server and client MMOs like World of Warcraft and Runescape are possible in blitz. Though I wont be venturing into the 3d dimension for reasons, mainly lack of resources Very Happy)
As soon as you finish with the first few tutorials, tell me, and I will get rid of the ones on the PLCF YouTube page.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down