Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Blitz?

2 posters

:: Blitz :: Help!

Go down

What is Blitz? Empty What is Blitz?

Post  Nighthawk0973 Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Blitz isn't all that popular, so chances are you aren't going to know what Blitz is. This is OK, I'm the one who recommended Blitz to be added to this forum. Blitz, also called BlitzBasic, is a game programming language based off of the 'Basic' language. This being, it's pretty basic. This is good because there are a lot of concepts that would be tough in regular programming, but is extremely easy with Blitz. In Java if you want to create a fullscreen game, you have to have 2 files just to make the game go fullscreen. With Blitz, you only need one line of code:

Code:

Graphics(800, 600, 16, 1)

(I don't expect you to understand this code yet)

Now to only problem with Blitz is that it costs real money to use. There is a savior to that, the demo. It lasts forever! The demo doesn't let you turn your game into a .exe though. This is a good programming language to learn if you've never programmed anything yet. Other programming will be easier after you learn this. And if you get good (like me Very Happy) than you can even buy it!

Please note that this language is NOT compatible with Max/Linux, not entirely anyways. There is a language called 'Blitz Max' which is different than Blitz, that runs on mac (including a trial) and linux (no trail avaliable for some reason). It is also avaliable for windows but Blitz3Ds demo runs forever and Blitz3D runs Blitz2D code as well.

Anyways that's my short summary, more information can be found at www.blitzbasic.com

Last edited by David B on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thread made Announcement.)
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

What is Blitz? Empty Re: What is Blitz?

Post  David B Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Thread marked as announcment & moved to Blitz main forum.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What is Blitz? Empty Re: What is Blitz?

Post  David B Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:43 pm

Thread moved to Blitz Help! forum.
David B
David B
Administrator