Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12

Go down

Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12 Empty Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12

Post  David B Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello PLCF users!

Today I am excited to announce the release of several new features!

Before I jump into these features, I would like to announce that due to reports from users that the forum is lagging, I have removed the snow script, which should help increase the loading speed, and help decrease the number of bugs on the forum.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets move on to the new features!

On Sunday, I added a new feature to the forum (which was not designed by me) which alerts you of when you have a new friend request. When a new friend request is sent to you, you will see the following appear on top of the PLCF logo.:

Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12 Friend10

When you see this alert, you have two options: you can either close the alert or click on the text. The close alert option will close the alert until you refresh the page or go to a new page. If you click on the "You have a new request." alert, the friends page will open, and you will have the option of dealing with the friend request. The alert will go away as soon as all requests have been taken care of accordingly.

In addition to the new friend alert system, I am excited to announce the release of the new chat button with some new features! The new chat button not only has new features, but has a new look! Here is what the button originally looked like.:

Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12 Oldcha10

This new button is not only refreshing, but has a more friendly format! The new button features some enhancements, which are, unfortunately only available when you are chatting through the button, others are available elsewhere. The new button features...

• A new look.
  • An online/away users chart. (accessible by clicking on the fraction button)
  • A new title for the chat box. {LGchat V4} (Which is just the name of the creators of the button.)
  • The scrolling problem on previous versions of the chat has been fixed.
  • A new set of chat-box commands, which you can view by typing '/cmd' in the chat-box. (Unfortunately, these commands are only available when using the button.)
[center]Programming Language Community Forums Update 1/09/12 Lg4cmd10

[center]
Spoiler:

[/center]

[/center]
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down