Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What country do you live in?

+2
Nighthawk0973
David B
6 posters

Go down

What country do you live in? Empty What country do you live in?

Post  David B Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:01 pm

This information will be used to help us create a new feature on the PLCF!

Last edited by David B on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Announcement type changed from global to local.)
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What country do you live in? Empty Re: What country do you live in?

Post  Nighthawk0973 Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

This is sort of irrelevant, since

A: Most people on here are probably American
B: We can pick our flag options
C: You can trace our IPs

So why don't you just figure it out yourself.

Oh, and

D: we don't need more PLCF features. Interface still looks cluttered with tons of things cut off. Unread posts display says my own posts are unread when I make a new thread. The toolbar is ridiculous, and also unnecessary. Toolbars belong on programs. The chatbox button is unnecessary as well, since we should just need to scroll down to the bottom to use the chatbox. Again, I don't want little extras floating around during my browsing session, I check threads, read them, post replys, and continue on my way. We also need more people, as a bunch of back and forth conversations, and a contest between two people, is useless and mind as well be handled in Alice forums PMs, instead of acting like it's a big contest that needs rules since there might be some people in the large list of participants who has other ideas. The ticker is also unrequired. The excess amount of emocations? Don't need them! Especially since people hardly use emotes at all unless they're being immature and fooling around by spamming the chatbox. Also, remove your little ad on forumotion forums, because it's useless, all it brings is spammers who search the "looking for forum participants" area for the purpose of finding useless little forums to spam on. I'm checking up on here less each day because there doesn't seem to be a point anymore. There isn't any more threads to view and half the people registered either don't care about programming (no offense nerdgirl, but that is what the forums supposed to be able) or don't do anything productive about programming. As far as I know DB doesn't program, he just installs scripts and features for the forum. Lego does stuff but he doesn't really post about it. I'm working on concepts right now. And the only posts I can recall posting on since the last few months is a thread that the creator never really replied on, and a post about some comic that isn't even that funny...

I could probably go on more and more, but that's general a majority of what I have to say. Given the fact that this forum has so much potential with its features, it really fails in the categories that matter, working on little bits and bobs to try and make it look shiny, but not realizing that in the end there's no point.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  legolizard Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Ranting is an interesting concept. It is generally done when people are either angry or don't know what they are talking about. I am the latter(LOLOOLOO)

Personally I agree with Nighthawk however he in his argument he is not addressing the point and is in fact posing the most in correct of arguments to support his thesis. The bottom line David is that there are not enough people here for silly and mindless things such as this. Now this does not mean that you should just stop and wait for more people, rather it means that your focus should be on making the forum efficent, neat, and overall more user friendly and things such as this fit into any of the aforementioned categories. Your primary focuses should be trying to make the forum as stated before and advertising, however Nighthawks argument that you should take down the ad at forumotion is invalid because while spammers do come here because of it that is our purpose as moderators to fix and in fact spammers can actually aid a forum in its infancy[as this forum is barely] due to the simple fact that they bring traffic ,albeit bad traffic but traffic none the less and this increased traffic will then also increase the number of per say "good" members who would not spam, troll etc. See the reason why I don't post anything that I am doing in C++ is because there is no one else who shares said interest. Nighthawk also believes that many users don't actually program or don't even know how. Well at the moment it does not matter who is online as long as they increase the traffic of the forum because as I have stated earlier more traffic -> more people willing to be active users -> large % of people who know how to program -> more good activity on the forum.

Now DB I understand your point of view. I really do. You feel obligated to make the forum the BEST it can be. However in doing so you are actually failing at said obligation and are actually hurting the forum by adding unnecessary and just generally useless things because you have to look at your forum from a programmers point of view not a normal human being. A programmer's goal is to make his(F political correctness) his program free from as many bugs as he can find, make it efficient, but above all else make it useful to the consumer!

So to reiterate DB you should put most of your time and effort into advertising and getting more people on the forum by any means necessary(Consuquentialism FTW) and by making the forum as bug free and efficient while not sacrificing ease of access by the use [ tenets of a good program.]

Also Nighthawk leave the arrogance over there. By the dump. We are not immature you just think you are mature when you are confusing very Communistic (not sure if it is a word haha)thought, that is the xxx is meant for yyy and should only be used for said reason[you mention the chat and emoticons] when in fact you fail to understand that the forum is meant for this NOT the chat. This is why they have different names. You can't regulate the chat because it is a chat. -_- And to be honest you are also a bit hypocrytical as FF7 has nothing to do with programming.
legolizard
legolizard

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:25 pm

I am replacing the flags, which is why I made this thread.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Why go through the trouble? As I said before, we have tons of features that already need fixing. And we need members. Changing stuff around and adding new features is not what we need right now DB.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:Why go through the trouble?
Because I went through the trouble to take it this far. I also created this thread so that I know which flags to add, and which flags to not add, therefore saving me time.

Nighthawk0973 wrote:As I said before, we have tons of features that already need fixing.
Which is why we are in BETA.

Nighthawk0973 wrote:And we need members.
Yes we do, but what better time to add features that may not quite work? Better to annoy few than annoy many.

Nighthawk0973 wrote:Changing stuff around and adding new features is not what we need right now DB.
Maybe not, but if not now, then when?
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BrainFuck Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:09 pm

I live in Australia.

BrainFuck

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Anyone else?
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

What country do you live in? Empty Moderation

Post  David B Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Thread changed from Global Announcement to Local Announcement.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachbum111111 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

I live on mars
Beachbum111111
Beachbum111111
Forum Security
Forum Security

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Beachbum111111 wrote:I live on mars
-_____-
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilde Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Norway

Bilde

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Bilde wrote:Norway
Okay, I will add the Norwegian flag shortly.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum