Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPA/SOPA Discussion Thread

3 posters

Go down

PIPA/SOPA Discussion Thread Empty PIPA/SOPA Discussion Thread

Post  Nighthawk0973 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 am

"PIPA? SOPA? How about NOPA?"
If you run the Minecraft launcher. That is what you get. No more version update list for now Very Happy

I personally was against SOPA. But once I actually knew what it was I was totally against it. I watched this video and everything was clear.

I mean come on!!! SOPA could get rid of:

Youtube
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
PLCF/Other Forums
Any Site with User Generated Content

And come on. If Facebook was destroyed. Some people wouldn't have lives? Are you trying to pass a bill to remove someones life?
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

PIPA/SOPA Discussion Thread Empty Re: PIPA/SOPA Discussion Thread

Post  David B Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:41 pm

To a certain degree, I think that SOPA and PIPA are just a bunch of B.S., but on the other hand, it would not suprise me if such a thing was actually being planned.

The only reason that I fight SOPA/PIPA is because the following websites agree that such a thing is possible.:

• WikiPedia
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • MineCraft
  • Reddit
  • ICanHasCheezburger
  • I have been on other forums that were closed yesterday to protest SOPA/PIPA.
  • Even small website owners blocked out their website yesterday!
  • The PLCF will be black out tomorrow night, and will remain blacked out until Saturday morning.
  • Need I say more?
I encourage all of you, including those who believe that SOPA/PIPA are garbage, to fight it as much as possible. SOPA and PIPA will affect not only the sites listed above, this forum, but every single website.
I would also like to inform all of you of a temporary "black out" (much like the one WikiPedia did yesterday) of the PLCF. (Ignore the fact that this forum is already a shade of black.) This, of course, will be part of a protest against SOPA/PIPA.
During this time, we will attempt to simulate what this forum would be like if SOPA/PIPA are accepted (which is why this forum will not only be listed as "locked for construction", but will have a small message appear asking for your support).
Thank you for you help.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachbum111111 Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm

S.O.P.A Stop Online Privacy Act
Beachbum111111
Beachbum111111
Forum Security
Forum Security

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:31 pm

David B wrote:
I encourage all of you, including those who believe that SOPA/PIPA are garbage, to fight it as much as possible. SOPA and PIPA will affect not only the sites listed above, this forum, but every single website.
I would also like to inform all of you of a temporary "black out" (much like the one WikiPedia did yesterday) of the PLCF. (Ignore the fact that this forum is already a shade of black.) This, of course, will be part of a protest against SOPA/PIPA.
During this time, we will attempt to simulate what this forum would be like if SOPA/PIPA are accepted (which is why this forum will not only be listed as "locked for construction", but will have a small message appear asking for your support).
Thank you for you help.
The PLCF blackout, which I discussed above, never actually did occur. This is because we felt it unnecessary to drive away the few users that this forum gets (as of this posting), and it would be extremely annoying.

Beachbum111111 wrote:S.O.P.A Stop Online Privacy Act
And PIPA, I believe, although Google referred to it as the Protect IP Act, I believe that its real name is actually, "Protect Intellectual Property Act."
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 am

No it's Protect IP Act.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Nighthawk0973 wrote:No it's Protect IP Act.
Okay, but in this instance, IP does not stand for Internet Protocol Address, but rather stands for Intellectual Property.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down