Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security!

4 posters

Go down

Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security! Empty Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security!

Post  David B Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Just yesterday, I private messaged Arty-FishL, telling him that he was nominated for Forum Security, and all he had to do was accept. I am proud to announce that he did accept, and will now be helping keep the forums safe from spammers, flamers, etc. Congratulations Arty-FishL!

Today, I nominated Nighthawk, and he accepted! Congratulations to you too Nighthawk!

In the coming weeks, I will be nominating more members, but for now, Arty & Nighthawk are the only members of Forum Security!

Last edited by David B on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post changed from Global Announcment to Normal.)
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security! Empty Re: Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security!

Post  room14 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Congrats Arty and Nighthawk! Very Happy
room14
room14

Back to top Go down

Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security! Empty Re: Congratulations To Arty-FishL & Nighthawk0973 On Becoming Members of Forum Security!

Post  Nighthawk0973 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm a recent addition, arty happened a while ago. Don't know if he even visits place anymore so at least I'm here.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 am

Nighthawk0973 wrote:I'm a recent addition, arty happened a while ago. Don't know if he even visits place anymore so at least I'm here.
Arty happened two days ago.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Post changed from Global Announcment to Normal.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Beachbum111111 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Me want mod NOAW. Lol just kidding
Beachbum111111
Beachbum111111
Forum Security
Forum Security

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Beachbum111111 wrote:Me want mod NOAW. Lol just kidding
Right now, I have upgraded you to forum security, but become an active member, and I can see you as a mod within the near future.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 am

No offense, but considering that extremely low activity of this community, we have 1 too many mods already. If the community gets 3x more active than me/lego will still be able handle it with some help from forum security. He won't need to be a mod until the community get's much more active. Not active chat between me, you, lego, and beachbum, but chat between more than just the 3-4 already trustworthy people on this forum.
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

I understand where you are taking this, and you must understand that I am trying to get many members to join. I was just thinking: do you have anybody in your programming class (this is for legolizard) that likes forums and programming? If you do, would you mind suggesting this to them?

The only thing is that because I know you from your behavior on the forum, whereas I do not know them, they will have to work harder to get the mod status.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighthawk0973 Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Remember DB. Only hire the mods we need. It's all fine and dandy if we let 1-2 trustworthy people become forum security, but having too much mods can be a mess. Especially since different mods might have different opinions on what measures should be taken on a certain topic. The less time it takes for us to vote or making a decision. Or figure out what the heck just happened when a moderator gets rid of spam posts in one way, and than two other mods had "Better Ideas" on how it should be done, it just get's to be a big mess and a headache. And we don't want that. So for the time being, don't think about adding mods. Think about recruiting REGULAR members, but for now 2 mods is enough.

Not trying to be rude or anything just trying avoid a big confusing mess. Besides, the less mods you have to worry about ruining your forums like you claim some have before, the better right? ;D

-Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973
Nighthawk0973

Back to top Go down

Post  David B Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

The forum that I once had the I had a group of mods destroy was not very proffesional looking, so I didn't really worry about it to much, and just got rid of the forum all together.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down