Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11

Go down

Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Empty Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11

Post  David B Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am

Hello all!

Today, I am continuing the work on the Programming Language Community Forums! I would like to start out by announcing a small change that is only visible to me. The reason I am announcing this change is because in the near future, I could see the potential that other users may have access to it. This change involves the moderator panel, which is located on the bottom right hand corner of threads. I am changing the buttons on the moderator panel. Here is a list of the old and the new side by side. Normally, I would explain what each button is for, but the new buttons do that anyway, so I am not going to.

Old Button
New Button
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_delete
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Delete10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_trashcan
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Garbag10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_move
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Move10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_lock
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Lock10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_unlock
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Unlock10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_split
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Split10
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 I_topic_merge
Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Merge10

As I already mentioned, these buttons will only look different to me because I am the only one that sees them, but in the future, they may be visible to some other users.

In addition to this small little change, I took care of an issue that was brought to my attention by Belso. Belso told me that when he tried to post a link, the forum said that he must wait a week after registration before he can post external links. I would like to let you know that this message should no longer display, and no matter when you registered, you should be able to post links. If this is not the case, and you still recieve the message, let me know so that I may look into it deeper. The link denial feature was activated by my forum host when I created the forum, and I simply never knew anything about it.

In addition to these changes, I have yet another change to tell you about. There is now a new browser in the web browser options. Users of the Netscape Navigator will no longer need to select the "Other" option. Instead, they can choose the Programming Language Community Forums Update 8/26/11 Netsca10option, and it will appear in their profile! In the near future, I will add an option for the "Epic" & "Maxthon" browsers.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down