Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Language Community Forums Update 9/08/11

Go down

Programming Language Community Forums Update 9/08/11 Empty Programming Language Community Forums Update 9/08/11

Post  David B Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello all!

I know that I haven't been on for a while, and this is because I need to return to my educational obligations, and this will cause me to slow down on progress. The only times that I can guarantee that I will be able to make changes will be on weekends, holiday breaks, and days off.

Today, I would like to announce a feature that I released a few days ago, but I am finally announcing it as stable today. Originally, as some of you may already know, when you clicked on the Programming Language Community Forums Update 9/08/11 Chat_i10 button, the chat-box would open in a new window in full screen. This is no longer the case. Instead, what happens is a new window opens asking what you would like to do. Your options are very simple: you can either go to the chat-box or the Archives. The chat-box option will open the chat-box in full screen, and the archives do something else. Even sitting here typing this, I can here you saying, "Whoa! Slow down! What are the archives?" This brings us to the next change of the day.

The Archives are a new feature which I have added that allows you to view old chat history. I am well aware of the fact that the chat-box has an, "Archive" option, which allows you to see old chat history, but the problem is, eventually, after the chat-box is used a little bit more, that archive will fill up, and get all cluttered up, so what I will do is periodically, I will clear the chat-box archive, and add it to the archive that I made. Using the archive is fairly simple. Just click on the archive option, and choose one of the archives. The newest archives are listed first, the oldest last. As of this writing, there is only one archive in the chat-box. The formatting of the archives is exactly the same as the chat-box formatting. To see an example of a chat-box archive, click here.

Edit: If you checked out the link provided above, you will notice that you get a message the says that you don’t have permission to access this page. This is because of a little change that I made afterwards. In the above paragraph I mention that I will post the archives. I have decided that I should make a separate account just to post these archives, and that’s exactly what I did. The new username for this account is, Chatbox Archive Manager To view the link above, click here. For anyone who is curious, yes, the account is owned by me.
David B
David B
Administrator
Administrator

https://programmingforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down